lauantai 20. huhtikuuta 2013

Tour de Lake Lohja - and what a great trip it was!!! :)




Lohja - Sammatti - Karjalohja - Mustio - Virkkala -Lohja

73,51km / 4hrs 17 min
avg. speed. 17,15km /hr
max.speed: 40,71km /hr



              Hello again everyone:)

What a great day it has been - ever since from the early morning, when I woke up to the birds singing.
The spring has been late here in Finland, and it was raining a lot the whole week, so I got a bit fed up eventually to all that water..and getting soaked every single time I was out there and biking....

   But today has been different, and the sun finally decided to show up and make an end to my misery - or better yet, make an end to the misery of all people having to deal with me - I become quite a nuisance to everyone at some point - whine and moan, so I heard a huge sigh of relief from all of my friends, when the big yellow appeared to the sky:))))

      Anyway, because I didn't have proper equipmet for wet conditions, yesterday I bought a new jacket and cycling pants, which can take a monsune and a whole lot of wind too...so now I am all set up even when the rain decides to come back and say hello to me....

      No rain today - I left home around 9 am and headed towards Sammatti. 
The first 20km were slow - well, no rush anywhere, so why hurry. 
After that I cycled to Karjalohja, had a coffee break at a familiar gas station, had to leave a lottery coupon too, because somehow I felt extra lucky today...we'll just see about that later, won't we:)
  
   I got some speed and the sun was really warming up, I felt the warm gentle kiss on my cheeks as I was carrying on my way towards Mustio.
The first time during this spring I was able to bike without my gloves on, and also had to pull up the sleeves of my jacket - and that felt like a million bucks!!! And during one loooong hill up, I think I was even feeling a sweat drop on my forehead - bravo!!!!!! The spring is here - and not a moment too early.

       Around noon I was already at the beautiful park of Mustio Mansion, a place I have been several times before - it was beautiful now too, and it was all mine - because there was nobody else there, not a single person.



     
So I took my pannier and set myself up to that beautiful little " thing" ( whatever is that in english???)and had a little picnic there...cinnamon bun, chocolate bar, orange juice and a slice of rye bread..it tasted heaven - well, everything tastes great  outdoors and after you have cycled 50km.....
I was watching at the same time as a flock of birds were swimming peacefully around me, every now and then they had a good dive and it sure as heck looked as they were having a laugh and goofing around too - at least that's how I would like to think so..

      Time stopped, there were no worries there - none.
I was full of joy and energy, I live for these little moments - and these little places I get to see are the big part of the fun why I love bicycle touring so much.

  Well, once I managed to finish all up and had a full tummy ( boy I love eating too...), it was time to stroll around in the park and enjoy it.

I went to see my old friend, and you can see us both there on the photo above.... 
" Hesitating Venus " - that is her name - or is it mine??? Or the both of us??? I quess that remains as a mystery for years to come.

 I felt reluctant to leave that atmosphere which was all over the park - nice and peaceful, but it was time to get back home , so red devil and I said goodbye to all the birds, and to that Venus sculpture and all her friends and left.

      Well, when I had to ride about a good 11km in the road 25, it sure brought me back from that dreamlike feeling to a cold reality....

    There was a tricky and uncomfortable sidewind, which shaked the whole bike like I had driven straight into a cyclone...and it was tricky also, because every now and then there wasn't wind at all, and the very next moment it came back and viciously shaked the bike and myself and I had to really balance myself to be able to stay on the road .
It didn't help, that the traffic at that particular road was fairly busy, so with that weird sidewind and trucks and cars passing me by with a great speed, it was quite an experience of its own....

   I was so relieved and happy, when I got out of that road and back to the cycle path and away from the cars.
  
  The whole trip with its 73,5km felt so effortless and easy, I wasn't tired at all, when I came home - I was on fire and a huge smile was on my face, still is:)

  Tomorrow I go biking again, and I hope that the weather would be the same, or even better.
However, if it's worse, I don't care anymore! I am prepared now mother nature, so bring it on!!!!

      I'll try to remember write these blogs in english too, at least 50% of time, because I know I have friends all over the world, who enjoys to read these.
My previous updates are in finnish - I apologise for that, and try at least write a short summary in english.

        I am so madly in love to this hobby: biking!!

 And when I can add so many other passions and interest to this biking, it is picture perfect - I could do this for living- seriously....as long as I would have money enough for food,and basic necessities, it would be a great way of living.

   And if I can show how gourgeous country Finland is with its lakes and forests, and archipelagos and fells on Lapland, it would be great if that inspires people from other countries visiting here - with or without bikes(???).

  But now at least, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride - I'll do the pedalling, you can enjoy the scenery - great deal -can't refuse that, or can you???

    In the end:
https://www.facebook.com/AntaaHyvanKiertaaPyoraillenKohtiParempaaHuomista

  Join me to this great adventure! Have a lovely evening, I will be back!
                 


   By the way - I almost forgot..I was also cycling on thursday...54km before I went to work. So, all together I have already biked 319km - and it doesn't even include the trips to work and back home nor the simple rides to buy groceries...pretty good, eh??

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti