tiistai 25. lokakuuta 2016

I do......or do I????

I do ............. or do I ?????

  Just a little while ago I had the honor to be present in a very special occasion, that being a wedding of a dear friend of mine.
There she was - right beside her man, in front of all their loved ones, promising to be by his side in good days and bad days, in sickness and in health...you know the drill....looking so beautiful that my eyes hurt. The way how she looked at her new husband after I do's, was something else...
There was no doubt in my mind,that this couple wouldn't stand behind those wows,what they just little while ago gave to one another. I knew then, and I know, that no matter what happens, they will stick to those words and stay together till the end of world.
And that's a lot coming from me, I must admit that the life has made me a bit cynical what comes to love stories.I have hard time to believe in that stuff, but in this occasion I am more than happy to be proved wrong, and it actually gives a bit of hope that there can be happily ever after's.
So I most certainly, from the bottom of my heart, wish them all the best ❤.
They made a commitment to each others.

Commitment - what does it mean? I checked it out from dictionary, the definition of commitment.
Here's what it means: Commitment in plain english means, that one is willing to give his/her time and effort to something he/she believes in.
   This of course can be anything from commitment to your partner to commitment to a special project etc....
It can be an athlete's commitment to train hard for next olympics, live and breath to just for that specific moment to give up everything else to just reach that goal.
It can be a young student's commitment to study hard to be accepted to university to become a doctor what she/he wanted to be ever since childhood.

Whatever the commitment is, it is always personal, and always important. It is absolutely imperative, that no-one else undermine's this, only because it differs from their own goals and dreams they are aiming for.

I must admit,that at some dark moments, I have been guilty of questioning someone else's goals, and for that I am sorry, and can only be a better persion tomorrow.
However, I have also been a victim of this very same sin - my commitments have been severely questioned and undermined during last years, it doesn't matter who does it, it still hurts.

I don' t have very fancy or noble goals or achievements I would like to reach, my dreams and goals hardly make the top story let alone gets me the Nobel prize.
But I have always wowed to be honest in everything I do and say, and also true to myself, being genuinely exactly who I am. That is a commitment as well, and that I have wowed to honor.

In this life, where we are bornt, what we live now, we are never ready, we are never there -
But as it goes in arts, never judge an unfinished piece.

I am not not there, I am not done, but I am still a masterpiece of who I am- today, in this light, with these shades.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti