keskiviikko 2. marraskuuta 2016

Lost - and found

  Lost - and found
     We all gotta do something to make a living, to bring the bread to the table, don't we?
And since we spend quite a big portion of our lives at work, it would be pretty neat, if you find a job, that you actually like...agreed?? Yes, I thought so.
I have never been very career orientated nor had this one big passion in my life to guide me, because I am curious about so many things.
However, out of many of my interests, I made one of them my job, that would be food and wines.
No, I am not a chef, I am a waiter.
Yeah I know what you think, anybody can do that, what kind of career is that?
Well, first of all, not anybody can do that, that's a fact. And secondly, even if it's so, so what?
I am not going to start opening up the secrets of being an excellent waiter, I am getting to the tracks when and where I lost my motivation and how did I find it.

  Somewhere along the line being refused of a job the hundred time in a row, I started to question if there was something seriously wrong with me. The seed of self- doubt had been sowed, and it grew so rapidly as a mushroom in the rain. My self- confidence was breaking apart like the Berlin wall, piece by piece. And at the same time while I was waving good-bye to my self-confidence, I was also holding a bon voyage party to my motivation, to my passion of food and to my will of working in that field.
What was left, when all that was gone? Well, not much really. Just the ruins and a very confused woman standing in front of the ruins.
A battle began, the long road to discovery was about to start. And knowing myself, the roads I pick, are never easy...quite the contrary.
There were many crossroads, many wrong turns, that all turned out to be dead-ends.
Then there were hills and curves and rocky roads, plenty of that to wore the wanderer out completely. But right when I thought that there was no energy left on my body, and that this is it for me, endless wandering in the darkness, when I was just about thinking to give up, I gave it one more effort. I pushed everything I had in me, clawed myself out of that deep hole I was about fall in, and pulled myself back to light.
I was given a sudden opportunity, out of nowhere, when I least expected it, and I took it. I held on to this opportunity with my both hands, like my life was depending on it, and just like in a goid movie, I rise to occasion and succeeded...
And then and there, pretty far away from where I once lost it, I found my motivation again.
There, in this tiny, busy kitchen, I also found my passion for food again, and that self-confidence, all those guys were back in my life again, and I promised to hold on tight to them.
Yeah, sometimes one must take drastic moves and even longest of journeys, if it's necessary to keep that sparkle in life and find that passion- which for me is the life itself, with all the flavours and aromas it can possibly cook for me.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti