perjantai 11. marraskuuta 2016

Honesty and trust

Honesty and trust - are they just empty words or do they actually mean something to someone?????

  I am quite a private person, and has become even more private during last years. I don't open up easily, and I am a bit reserved as well. I might at some point find myself trusting someone enough to share my life,or parts of it, and that is a  lot, coming from me. On most occasions, however, I remain reserved and stay on the shadows.
 
There are few very important values, rules of life, I follow strictly myself, and expect nothing less than that from people I interact with.
Honesty and trust!!!!!!!!
Those words are my guiding lights through this thing we call life.
If I trust you enough to tell you anything about my life, please don't pay it back with betraying my trust...you never get it back again,that is a fact.
Confidentiality - what a fancy word, usually associated with top secret highly flammable governmental decisions etc....
For me, it goes without saying, that when someone talks to me or write to me, opens up about anything, it remains between that person and myself.
Silly me, naive, to think,that it goes both ways. I can't believe, that I still have to draw a picture to someone, to actually having to  underline this very fact, that when I share something with that person, it should stay in that person's knowledge. It is not to be told to anybody else, no matter how insignificant the discussed topic might have been by the listener.
Why is this SO hard to understand?? Why is it SO hard to respect these few things I ask: honesty and trust??

 I am, thankfully, lucky to have few very close friends in my life, who I trust my whole life with. I know,that they never betray that trust, never break that bond what had been built over years. And I am quite certain they know, that I keep my part of that invisible seal what is made.

It is clearly seen, that today in this western society, the material values have pushed aside the moral values, which don't seem to matter so much. It doesn' t take much observation to notice, that cold hard cash and success makes people turn the blind eye to things, that are not so " hip" and " cool".
All the tabloids screams out which celebrity has the fanciest car and biggest house etc...
It is also seen in politics, that when achieving the power, it is all or nothing, the golden rules of respect and decency are shattered, just to get to the top, for no matter what the cost is. The game is brutal, and it has nothing to do with humanity or dignity, everything is for sale and there is no such things as honesty or confidentiality in it.
The competitors dig dirt and have no shame of using even the most private things of the other one, just as long as it justifies the means....to reach the goal.

I have been accused to be naive, too sensitive and many other ways, because I find this way how society plays, ugly and unfair.
I find myself taking more and more refuge in solitude, being close to nature, and interacting with animals- and shutting myself from people.
I am responsible of my own happiness and responsible of my own protection, there is no-one else to rely on this, it's up to me.
So, since I don' cross the busy street on red lights, why would I let someone into my life, whom I can't trust?
Yes, I am sensitive, highly sensitive, also strongly introvert, but those are not negative attributes on my opinion, and most certainly those personality traits are not harmful for other people.
That's who I am, and since I still want to be able to look myself at the mirror every night without being ashamed of myself, I keep on holding tight on those two things that matter: trust and honesty.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti