sunnuntai 13. marraskuuta 2016

Analyze this

Analyze this

  From time to time I come across to situations and people, who seem to have a great urge to analyze me-whether they know me or not.....correction, they usually have never even met me in person OR they have indeed met me, and based on that small interaction they think that they know me....

 Well, to help them " scratch this terrible itch" , I can open up a little bit who I am...I try to keep this short and on the point, but forgive me if I fail 😉.

First of all, I don't like to categorize anybody nor put any labels on them, but sometimes it is easier to use some commonly known words to simplify things,at least a little bit.

  Yes, I am introvert, and highly sensitive person.
I hate small talk, so if you are not seriously interested how am I doing, don't bother to ask it in the first place.
If you don't like my latest hair cut, be graciously quiet and say nothing, but don' t make the mistake to compliment it, since you clearly don't mean it...I don't like to be lied at.

I am very private person, and my home is very personal space to me. I am very careful,whom I invite to my home, and I have all the right to do so, without being analyzed.
My home is my sanctuary, so don' t undermine it only because you see a small camper van without any luxuries.
Yes, it is falling apart, but it is still my home, which provides me a safe place to sleep and exist.
I don't like bright lights nor loud noise, and at my tiny nest I can enjoy the peace and quiet what I need, and can be in soft candle lights or in complete darkness.
The world is filled with noise and bright lights and other elements, what cause stress and anxiety to me.
But this place, my home, here I can be in silence and solitude and re-charge my batteries for the time,when I need to get out of that door again.
What comes to that privacy, I am the one, who gets to choose what I tell about my life and to whom, and in what pace. I am distant and reserved, that I can admit without any problems, but I am not feeling guilty about it either.
I need my time to observe and get to know someone. If I am rushed to this, it will backfire and I am gone in a second.
If you are seriously interested on me, you give me the time and space to make me feel comfortable, that will show you accept me as I am. It shows me that you care enough to accomodate this need,even if you don't need it yourself.
 I also have this curiosity to wander and seek, to explore the world. It does challenge me many ways, and even thought I love to travel, it is also exhausting. My personal space then gets smaller, I don't always have the chance to withdraw and re-charge my batteries when I need to, I am put to places and situations where I am not comfortable, or to face people, who sucks all the energy out of me in the matter of seconds.
Even so, I still want to explore, I try to compromise without pushing myself too far.
I still have all the same rights to travel and explore as do extroverts, I don't have to lock myself into my home only because other people have trouble understanding my personality traits.

Society is made for extroverts,at least it has turned that way in the last decade or so.
All the group work at schools, all these special "get together days"at work etc etc.....
Even applying for jobs has become a circus, it is a parade for extroverts, but a total nightmare for us, introverts.
" Coffee-room politics" at work gives me chills, all that chit chat and gossiping, lot of noise without actually saying anything.

So how does one survive on this world, who prefers more solitude or at least meeting people one on one?
It is not easy, and there are times when I wish I wouldn't be this sensitive and introvert.
I have tried to " de- sensitize" myself a little bit, it has helped at some level, but at certain point one must remember to stay true to yourself and be bravely and genuinely exactly who you are.
Nobody should accept to be ridiculed or analyzed or critisized of who they are, that kind of behaviour is just plain wrong, and not justified at any ways.
The world needs different people, different ways of thinking and being, there is room for all .
Just remember - live and let live ❤

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti