keskiviikko 4. tammikuuta 2017

When the world doesn't stop talking

When the world doesn't stop talking

 It can become quite overwhelming, constant noise.
No matter where you go, it follows you everywhere.
Noise, in one form or the other.
Noises of traffic, music played too loud, people talking...and talking and talking....and it never seem to stop.
There is also this silent type of noise, such as the written text ( well, mine as well I suppose).
But at this case I mean the news, which always seems to be about wars and poverty and more species becoming endangered etc.....

At some point this all can be a little bit too much to take in.
I find my refuge in solitude. I need to take a step back, and instead of talking, I rather listen or withdraw myself completely from the situation.
I just need that space, where I can hear the birds and the waves of the sea, the sound of the wind echoing from the leaves of the maple tree.

I am not afraid to be alone, I am more afraid to be in contact with another person..well, if not afraid, at least a bit wary and careful.
I am comfortable around other species, and in the nature.
Someone told me once, that nature is overrated and "over romantized" , he is allowed to his opinion and I am allowed to strongly disagree on his opinion.

I could sit hours on the cliff watching the sea changing its colours and moods.
I love to sleep on the tent in the middle of the forest, all my senses sharpened and listening the different sounds around me without really seeing that well, what and who makes them.
I could watch the flames dancing on the camp fire forever, the movements, which reminds me of a talented flamenco dancer or an oriental belly dancer.
I could look at the dark starry skies, marvel the full moon, fall in love to the beauty and miracles of nature and the wilderness over and over again.

And when I put my running shoes on, I never count the distances or the speed or any other numbers, I concentrate to the sheer joy of the movement itself.
I concentrate to listen my heart beat, the feeling of my legs carrying me on wherever I choose to go.
I feel and sense everything with every soul of my body.
I see the woollies enjoying themselves at the green pasture, I see the butterflies on the roadside flowers, I see the shy little deer looking at me in the safe distance in the woods....
And when I get tired, I lay flat in the grass and see the clouds flow by.
I can not stop the world from talking, but I can take my refuge in solitude to remain my inner peace and being able to hear the sounds, what matters to me.
 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti