sunnuntai 23. huhtikuuta 2017

Leopard cannot change its spots

A leopard cannot change its spots



 I learned to read at a very young age, I think I was 4 years old at the time, when I started spelling the words of my favourite books. After that, my life was never the same again - a whole new world opened up to me to discover, and I was so eager to get my hands on anything with text or maps.
I loved maps as well, practically stole my sister's school atlas and dived into it, learning about all the deepest of seas and highest of mountains,what this planet had and everything in between.
It was magical...I was interested in everything: cultures, geography, languages, animals....just everything, and I became a little adventurer right then and there.
At school it was always the languages and geography, where I was so good at.Even those times when I wasn't so lucky to have encouraging teachers supporting my passions, I didn't let them to turn me off either.
Writing was also something, that I was doing well.

Years have passed by, and I have grown up, I am suppose to be all adult and everything,what comes up with that territory...
However, something hasn't changed at all, as a matter of fact, quite the contrary, that being my passion of wandering and exploring our planet.
A leopard cannot change its spots, I am still that curious little girl, who has the ever-growing will to seek and learn.
And even thought I have always loved my books and reading, I never had the patience to study very hard at school, I was way too busy to live my life and learn from it, than to sit at my desk and study it for years in universities.
That is why, I am not a marine biologist nor am I an antropologist or a biologist etc....
I go head on to my very own empiric experiments, learning from them.
Sometimes those experiments are mellow and I find myself quite enjoying them. Then there are those experiences, that have indeed taught me very valuable lessons, but with the very high pricetag on them.
I have found myself completely exhausted and bruised,both physically and emotionally, but after I have re-gain my energies, I have come to notice the value of those hard lessons.
I have done my share of compromises, licked my wounds and count my blessings and carried on...
I have lived by trial and error, sometimes went along the lines of the majority - settled for certain rules and routines fixed by somebody else, not by me.
And there is nothing wrong with routines, it is just not my cup of tea.
For many people routines brings structure and security, for me it is the contrary.
Let me be clear- I do live by the laws, and I dont harm anybody either.
That being said, I don' t like to be told what to do,and bureaucracy makes my skin crawl..
I need to do things my own way, not told by others,how to live my life.
Staying still at one place and having a regular same job doesn't give me any satisfaction what so ever. It only kills me from inside, little by little everyday.
I am much more happier painting beautiful wooden boats in a remote island and get paid by room and food, than having a safe job with a regular salary till the end of my days.
I am born with that " wanderer-gene", who is never happy staying in one place for too long. I am not lost to be found, I am on my journey, this is MY adventure.
I was meant to be like this. Trying to mold me to routines and settled schedules will kill me, it will kill my inner flame.
So - please, let me be me! Let me roam wild and explore this planet the way I have chosen.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti