perjantai 28. heinäkuuta 2017

The world without " if's, or's and but's"

The world without " if's, or's and but's "

How many dreams are smashed in the start line to words " if only"....?
I would love to travel the world, if only....
I would love to study a new profession, if only..
I would love to buy that little red cottage, if only....
And the list goes on forever...
Quite honestly, I am not a big fan of " if only's".

To be fair, there might be a word I like even less than the one mentioned above.
The great big BUT ( yes, the temptation to add an extra T on the end is big😄).
My God how much I shiver just to write that word, let alone to hear it....
It is the type of word, that lingers in the air..that you can almost feel it coming...
And then...BOOM... a second later it appears horns blazing with a grande entrance...

Does this sound familiar to you:
You are a really nice lady/guy, .....BUT....
And there it is again, that irritating word,which keeps hitting us below the belt E-V-E-R-Y freaking time..

And as soon as you hear it, your question is: but WHAT???

You are a very interesting person and a very good applicant for this job, BUT...
Voila - it arrived again, this time during your job interview...

Can we set a law against those words, or just delete them out of our system??
Because I am so tired of " if only this and if only that" , and completely done with the endless but's:
butbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbut.....

I gotta tell you folks, that I would be a millionaire, should I had been given a euro for every BUT I have received....
" Oh Ann, you seem to be a real unique and nice woman, but....
....yes....what is it this time??

I should know better, they are just words...shouldn't get me all worked out, I should just ignore them and move on....
I manage to do that...well,at least occasionally.
I wonder - how would the world be without : if only, or and but..?
Would we be more hopeful? Would we be happier?
Just imagine those phrases in the beginning, without that devious " if only"..
I would love to travel the world! Simple...much more optimistic and leaves that room for that dream really grow on you, to really take wind under the wings and soar high in the sky filled with excitement...

Words....you can really make a difference which words you use and where, it is NOT irrelevant.
So be careful, be wise, choose your words thinking,how you would like to be talked to.
Let your heart guide you, and be surprised.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti