sunnuntai 14. huhtikuuta 2024

Marching on my own drums

 






   Fastfood, speed-dates, highways.....the whole world seems to be rushing somewhere with a great speed......hurry hurry hurry.....
You barely get to catch  your first deep breath after you are  born, and it already begins....the rushing....and the endless demands of the society - to become a productive person....the more ambitious you become, the better....

  Make money, earn degrees and diplomas, buy stuff, prove you are worthy , display it on the social media ..be someone everyone else envy and admire...

   Well, it turns out, that in that level, I am quite a disappointment as a human being .

I have never been very ambitious person, I have never had any passion to climb up those corporate ladders and become a boss or a leader of any sorts.

Whatever job I get, I do it properly . I show up at work punctually, keep my head down, do my job, and then I go home.
I work to earn enough money to pay my rent and so forth....other than that, I have no interest on becoming anything professionally - my interests lies elsewhere.
And it has been like that always .

  The speed and the constant rush of the world around me , stresses the bejesus out of me.
I just can't keep up, I apologise.

I need to take my time , whatever it is, that I am doing. If you keep on breathing down on my neck and hurrying me, nothing good comes out of it - I withdraw and freeze on my tracks.

  Let me be - you go on....get in your lamborgini of your life and head towards the highway and don't look back..

I wander about my own ways....taking my time, stopping to smell the roses and listening the sounds of the surrounding nature..I am not in rush .. I march on the rhytm of  my own drums , and when I get tired, I take a nap.

We 'll all arrive at our destination at some point, to that last sunset - we can never be quite certain , when that time is , and it is that element of uncertainty, which makes this life even more precious....

So I wanna take my time to cherish it , not speed right through it without even feeling it.
I wanna feel every beat of it, listen every possible beautiful melody, read wonderful books, savouring each word of it.....
Marvelling the sunrises, admiring the feisty storms, enjoying every sip of that cava...

I make my own paths, and walkabouts, and I do it marching on my own drums..




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti