sunnuntai 26. toukokuuta 2013

Bicycle touring - what a great way of seeing the world





           6 days left, until my great long summer adventure finally starts!!!!!
The preparations are going well, and on friday I will do the packing and write the last minute's feelings here too.....
Red devil is in great shape , and so am I - so on that part things are covered..

    I have had a very easy going day today, since this is the only day off from work this week....just goofing around and entertaining myself playing with the google maps etc.....

    I have washed all my clothes, which I will take with me to the tour. I have written a list to help the packing on friday, and a small shopping list of things to be purchased next week. I will also do " the practise packing " on friday - so I can really see, what need to be packed and how, and should I leave anything out etc...should I take my front panniers too, or can I just go with the big ones on the back of the bike...


                Well - bicycle touring - what a great way of travelling and seeing the world around us.
The speed for travelling is perfect: you get some distance, but not so fast, that you wouldn't be able to enjoy the scenery around you.
It is very ecological and environmentally friendly - and of course that means, that all of us cycling people will leave nothing behind us, and respect the nature etc....

 It is not the most expensive way of travelling either, and it does miracles to your body and keeps you fit.

  There are lots and lots of people, who have become hooked to this way of transportation and travelling, and there are as many ways of doing this, as there are people - so no specific right ways or wrong ways.
You can enjoy short day trips on your own neighborhood or you can go around the whole world and everything in between.....many continents, endless roads and routes....

   As I am waiting my own summer adventure to start, I would like to give you few blogs of my fellow travelers, who are either on their way as we speak, or who will start their journey later on....

     If you read these blogs, you will see yourself, how many different ways you can enjoy this cycling....

 Some people have sponsors, patrons etc...raise money for charities...some people has none of that, and yet the trip is as important and memorable....some travel in groups, some alone...some sleep in tent, the other might use hostels etc....some cook their own meals with the travel cookery etc etc......

    Anyway: here are the few blogs I have chosen:

    http://soberbicyclist.blogspot.fi/?spref=fb

http://www.rantapallo.fi/cyclingsummer2013/2013/05/24/373/


http://www.pyoramatkailu.com/haastattelut/652-2/

http://www.matkafillari.com/

    I continue my afternoon by being lazy and reserving my energy.....have a great sunday my friends, I 'll be back here on friday evening with some new photos.....

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti