lauantai 30. maaliskuuta 2024

Celebrating my ordinary life

 







In this constant competition on social media channels for who is the most    extraordinary person living the most extraordinary life, I will gladly step back and step out - I have no apetite for this competition any more than competing in general.

I am quite content to live this very ordinary life of mine - it is peaceful, lacks of drama and it is not complicated - and I can truly appreciate all that - simplicity brings harmony and balance.

  Waking up at 5 am every morning , enjoying that first cup of coffee in silence and solitude , is almost a sort of ritual for me.
It doesn't matter where I am , or where I work - I make sure, that I have this moment in every morning, to greet the day and savour that liquid black magic called coffee.

   My hobbies , near and dear to me , are also ordinary ....reading, taking long walks , listening music ....
Nothing to write a book about , nor brag on the instagram. .have a very little " wow" effect on anybody else  - but brings a whole lotta  joy on my life...and that is the main thing.

Even my home , my sanctuary , is very mondane - a flat of 1 room and kitchenette in an apartment building .....not material for  " House & home " or any other glossy magazines.

As a minimalist , I am comfortable with the bare minimun - un- cluttered home provides me more room for my thoughts  to roam around .

I like things tidy and to be done in orderly fashion , I value punctuality and my word is all I have - so if I make a promise to do something or be somewhere at a certain time ,I make sure I can deliver it too.

    For my living , I don' t save lives, create new inventions , find a cure to any diseases etc...
I am a waitress - the very job, that people who watch movies, would think of American diners and the people who work there - bringing the bacon and apple-pies to hungry truckers and  highway patrols..
My thumbs up to all of them 👍

I happen to like my profession , being a waiter that is , I take pride of  doing it well and I pay attention to all my guests and customers , whether they are stopping by for a quick coffee or spending the whole evening there with their families or business partners...
Certain  routines are the same, but still every day is different. Often I must think on my feet , which I like , and in general , I get to be active and stay active.

   So - to sum it up , I am content - "it is what it is " - is a saying hated by many, but something I find myself saying more often that I care to count .

Maybe I am a vanilla , the monday of your lives , the beige and granite -grey on your colour -wheels, but so be it .
In my own little world , I colour outside the lines and use every crayon of the box - because even ordinary life can be filled with colours, tunes and spices.

   Go in peace  🙏




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti