lauantai 21. huhtikuuta 2018

Lost in translation

Lost in translation



 I wish I would have a super-power,
a super-power of speaking all the languages and dialects of the world.
How much I would enjoy reading all the beautiful poems in its original language, where all the tiniest nyances are vibrant and meaningful, not lost in translation.
How much I would enjoy listening a song, where the lyrics effortlessly sink into my mind and to my soul.
How much I would like to change few words with that lonely elderly man sitting on that street corner playing his old guitar and trying to earn his bread for that day.
And trying to comfort that little toddler, who has lost his beloved teddy-bear.

 But I feel numb, disabled. As there are no common language between myself and so many other fellow humans, so much is left unspoken, so many questions are hanging on the air.

I need to find a way to understand, and be understood.
Something, that doesn't require words,something universal.
I can express my thoughts and feelings with pictures, with the language of photos.
Isn't there an old phrase,that one picture tells more than thousand words?
All the possible emotions can be described with lights, colours or with the lack of colours.
No words needed, just a little bit time to let that picture tell you a story.

 I don' t feel so mute after all, I DO have a way to communicate.
And nothing will be lost in translation, all is said what needs to be said,and the rest will remain a mystery.

Ann O'Songland 21.4.2018

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti